Sunday, May 23, 2010

First Day in Roma Italia

Well the day started off a little stressful, including our flight from Knoxville to Charlotte being delayed due to a "maintenance" problem. So Margaret and I decided to get a bite to eat, little did we know that once we got back to the gate the plane had been delayed till 5:50. This would make it impossible for us to catch our connecting flight to Rome. And about five minutes after the worker told us we couldn't get to Rome today, and I had a panic attack, the plane was fixed and we were on our way to Charlotte! Eleven hours later we are officially across the big lake and landed in Italia. It seems that my two suitcases are going to be a slight problem carrying across Italy. We continued to our hotel, where all of us discovered that Molly and I must have lucked out and gotten the honeymoon suite, because our room is twice the size of everyone else. Margaret, Molly and I first stopped by a local restaurent for pizza and wine. Life is hard. We then continued to walk about 3 miles and officially became acqainted with Rome, including it's 30 million gelato places. I ended my first night in Rome with 6 great friends in the Campo d' Fiori Square with two bottles of wine and bruschetta. Great start to a great summer in Europe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment