Sunday, July 4, 2010

the clampets do italy....

Sooo after my last post (i know its been awhile sorry) a lot has happened! Our last week in Florence flew by faster than you could imagine. We were all busy studying and working on our finals and once school was done we all kept busy till we left. The Thursday before we al left I made a smart decision while leaving a bar to try to jump a chain fence...tripped and fell onto a curb. I sprained my ankle and then had to be carried to the hospital because all the cabs didn't speak english and assumed i was too drunk to walk. Then the night continued as Natalie, Micah, and I waited till 4 in the morning for the Italian Hospital to help me. No worries during these 4 hours at the hospital some strange characters made an appearance in the emergency room. The first was this drugged out boy and his girl friend. He has "passed out" and slashed his head open and while he was getting stitched up, his girlfriend went behind the receptionist's desk and was stealing things. Then his friends decide to show up and one of them has a joint....lets just say those friends were kicked out. Then this homeless guy walks in and starts talking to us about elvis and memphis...then all of a sudden when the nurses start getting his information a flip switched and he starts going crazy.He starts punching the walls and pushing the nurses, finally the nurses move me to a different room. And go on to tell me that my ankle isnt broken only after putting this cast on my ankle...
The next day my parents got to Florence, only to find the humor of me hurting my ankle to day before we leave. Then Saturday turns into the worst/funniest days ever, the package store was turned out to be closed after my mom and I walked half way across florence with my 30 lb. package to send home. Then my parents' hotel tells us that we can't keep our 7 bags at the hotel so we have to fit all the bags in our rented volvo...we looked like the clampets ha
Our next stop was Tuscany, which was just as beautiful as everyone says it is. We went to Volterra...no biggie it was where New Moon was based :). Then we went to a wine tasting at this amazing little vineyard. Sienna was not as amazing I was hoping, even though we got to climb to the top of this old church and got to see all of Sienna.

Our third stop was Cinque Terra, we stayed in Riomaggiore at the same hotel we stayed at before. As we were getting off the train in Riomaggiore Bugs pulled the handle out of her suitcase so the already inpossible climb to our hotel became even more of a disaster with al our luggage. The second day we were there we hiked to all the islands, but me and my gimp ankle couldn't make it the whole way so my dad, mom and I took the train to the last town. Our nest stop was Milan. AMAZING!!! everyone told us that all of us would hate it but it was a cleaner cooler version of Soho in NYC. We saw the last supper and had some awesome dinners. We the took the midnight train to Sarento....none of us will ever do that again. One of the weirdest and worst experiences. Now we are finally in Sarento and trying to make the most of the 4th of July even though we aren't in Knoxvegas!! Tomorrow my dad rented a private boat to ferry us around to Capri, Positana, and Almafi Coast...needless to say we have a hard life hahaha

See everyone soon!!! I'll be back Wednesday night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment